Tuesday, November 6, 2012

You Probably Think This Poem's About You

You shut me up with your fist in my mouth,
Put there by your own mistrust and doubt.
You left me sitting in mud, down on my knees,
Blood in my face with the world to see.

You followed me home, wouldn’t leave me alone,
Wanted to make sure everyone would know,
The injury wasn’t enough for your pride to own,
The insult would be what killed old Joe.

You say you’re my friend but now I doubt,
Since you think you can hurt me without
Me fighting back in anger and pain.
Did you really think I’d just circle the drain?

You said you respect me, and that may be so,
But not more than the image you’ve fostered within.
I’ve unfairly judged you? Well you ought to know,
Hypocrisy is a God-damned sin.

The rage I built has not faded.
As my soul still feels so degraded.
I cannot imagine a more terrible end.
Cheated and betrayed by a friend.
Now friends are forever but this much is true:
If you’ve no time for me, I’ve no time for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment