Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Those people...

So, Sunday my brother wrecked the car. More like destroyed it. Oh, he's fine, thanks for asking. But, of course, we had to take care of the road, and tow the car, and all that happy stuff. Luckily, Ryan's friend was able to drag the car up the road a piece to a property that some friends own, and they let us keep it there until we could pick it up. Which we did with the help of his girlfriend's step father, who used his trailer to tow it to my dad's. Luckily, everything is taken care of. And now that I have a minute, I want to tell you about some other people, that didn't help us.

It was about 2:00 Sunday and a church bus rolled up the street. The car was in the middle of the road, so they stopped and were just looking at us. I thought maybe they didn't know the detour, which was a side street just a bit behind them. So we went to make sure they knew where they were going.

When we got there, this entire bus of "good Christians" from the Mt. Orab Bible Baptist Church didn't offer assistance, or condolences, or even well wishes. Instead we got a nice heaping helping of judgment with a side of criticism from a fat woman on the bus, and vacant stares from everyone around.

"I guess you should have been in church," she sneered, with a look that was either derisive or hungry (she was very fat). My mother, far less confrontational than I, simply said "Maybe we were." Not content to leave us alone, the fat woman responded with "At this time of day? I don't think so." And then had the nerve to hand my mother a welcome pamphlet from the church.

Are all church people like this? Of course not. I used to be one. I knew plenty who were good people, in fact still know a few. But then there are the others, those people, who look down their noses at everyone. God knows if their sins were laid bare the Devil himself would laugh and say welcome to the party. But instead they sneer at their "lessers" with glee and delude themselves into thinking they are good people.

I laugh. I know enough of these people to know they aren't worth my time. Even so, it does me wonders if I get to put one in their place, to let them know how pathetic and sorry they really are. So, I urge you all, if you know people like this (and I know you do) to tell them to shove their worthless judgments and stuck up attitudes. They can keep their shoddy self-worth and personal snooty mandates to themselves. Tell them to go take a hike. Better yet, tell 'em to fuck off. That'll really get their panties in a knot. Anyway, that's all. I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment